Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Time and Priorities

Part of the reason I was so worried about getting started with working out is because I am already feeling short on time to accomplish the things I would like to do. I try to make time for my family and helping around the house, and that leaves me very little time to study something I find quite interesting, investing and trading.

I'm hopeful that my focus on getting up earlier in the morning to make sure I get a workout will help me to get up just a bit earlier still so that I will have time to study investing after the workout each day. I have bought a few courses and subscribe to some newsletters, but it is pretty hard to keep up right now.

One of the reasons I'm interested in studying investing is because the world is becoming more of a global economy each day. Lots of pressure is put on governments to impose tariffs and other restrictions on trade to protect jobs. In the end, I believe efficiency will win out.

I've seen job outsourcing in my profession happening for some time. Fine tuning is still taking place, and there will always be opportunities locally for the right talent. However, I believe that I should take advantage of this time to prepare myself educationally for either the time when I need to choose a new profession or the time when I am successful enough to leave this one behind. I believe that managing a portfolio is something that can be done successfully and not be outsourced without my consent.

I'm taking some training materials with me on my business trip to occupy my time during the flights and 3 hour layover. I hope to get some good accomplished.

No comments: