Tuesday, March 18, 2008

An interesting dieting website

A friend of ours pointed my wife to http://www.thedailyplate.com/ as a good place to find and track calories. I am feeling too busy to really dig into it right now, but it looks interesting.

My wife did a little investigation and figures that my workouts are burning over 900 calories, where I thought it was more around 375 (that's what the elliptical machine says, but I don't enter in my weight. Does that make a difference?). She looked up how many calories were in the food we had from Bajio's last night. She was able to estimate how many calories were in the homemade whole wheat pancakes with chocolate chips she made for breakfast, all at the site listed above.

Hopefully I'll get more time to look into it in depth soon.

No comments: