Sunday, March 9, 2008

Sunday Observations

Why is the day of rest always so busy? I'm glad, especially on the day that Daylight Savings starts, that we don't have church until 1:00 PM right now. We've got to get ourselves and the kids ready, have a babysitter come so we can go to choir practice from 11:00 to 12:00, make meals, prepare lessons, and go to church. After church there are more meals, church members to visit, missionaries to feed, etc. It's a good thing that all these things help us feel uplifted.

Speaking of uplifting, I teach a Sunday School class of 8 to 9 year old kids. As you may know, kids at this age have lots to do and think and talk about, and a lot of that is unrelated to the lesson topic. One thing that I have been able to count on, though, over the two years I've been teaching this age group, is that the Spirit of the Lord always seems to cause them to be quiet and respectful when the scriptures are being read aloud in class. They may not be paying attention, as shown when we ask them about what we just read, but the class is never so quiet and peaceful as when we read from the scriptures, especially when it's one of the kids reading. It's very interesting to see in action.

My muscles hurt less today, but that might just be because I'm not working out on Sunday. We'll see how things go tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Joe! My favorite diet is The Sugar Addicts Total Recovery Program you might could check it out from the library and read it while you exercise.
I didn't know about the floods...or maybe I forgot, hope that the stop.
Julie

sillybobs said...

Hey Joe,
Keep up the good work, and good luck on the business trip. ;)

Randy