Saturday, March 8, 2008

Starting Today

I've been pondering doing a blog for sometime. I find myself so busy that I thought I'd hardly ever update it. Then I went to the doctor yesterday.

As background, I like to describe myself as large in stature and wide in girth. I have known for quite a while that I needed to do something about my weight, but I always found an excuse for not focusing on it terribly hard. My life has now settled down about as much as it's going to, and my excuses have run out.

The doctor said I need to diet and exercise. Which diet and what exercise really don't matter, but I need to really cut back on my caloric intake and exercise 40 or so minutes 5 times a week. This is slightly more than my previous regime of not drinking pop to save calories and working out for 20 minutes when I wasn't too tired.

A big part of this blog, at least at the beginning, is to help motivate me to keep up with my lifestyle changes. I can't give up in a short amount of time - this has to last forever, ideally. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good Luck! I'm pulling (and pushing, and dragging...but gently) for ya! ;)

Unknown said...

This had dang well better end happier than Titanic!

Joseph said...

You've been doing so for quite some time. I'm sorry it's been like turning the Titanic. We know the icebergs are out there, but they're not "right on top of us" yet! "I wonder if he is using the same wind we are using..."

Joseph said...

Sorry to reference one movie and then quote a different one!