Monday, March 17, 2008

Sleep-workout-ing?

Sleep-working-out? Yeah, the name needs work. I need a word to describe my early morning workouts. I've discovered that, since I usually don't want to get up, I can close my eyes and "rest" while working out.

I've found that it can help the time pass more quickly, and the most interesting thing I've noticed is how I tend to focus on my body movements and responses. I seem to be able to tell when I can increase my speed a little and how my body is responding to the load on it.

I have also noticed that I can't keep my eyes shut for the whole workout. Even if it's not counting occasional glances to see how much time is left. With about 15 minutes left, I seem to be more alert and awake and wanting to have my eyes open.

Of course, now that I'm done, I'd love to have a nap!

Lastly, hurray for no flood during this business trip!

No comments: