Tuesday, April 8, 2008

This is Why I Want to Use Money to Make Money

My company announced today that we will be forced to take two weeks off, one the week of Memorial Day, and one the week of July 4th, for short term cost savings. I probably don't have enough vacation time to cover the whole thing, so some of that will be time off without pay. There will also be the "traditional" two week shutdown over Christmas, and I may not have enough vacation time built up to be able to take those without any loss in pay either. Flex time rather than separate vacation and sick would be helpful here.

While not as bad as losing my job, being at the mercy of someone else's fiscal policy is uncomfortable. These kinds of things are why I want to invest and use money to make money so that I don't have to worry about the stability of a job.

No comments: