Friday, April 11, 2008

Big Project Weekend

We've got some friends coming to visit this weekend. He is a construction and handyman type, and he's going to help us install some new flooring in our kitchen. My wife is VERY excited for this new floor - our linoleum is ugly, and this new laminate should look much better.

Part of preparing for this visit is to get the whole house tidied up. Due to difficulties with our last pregnancy and surgery, it has been quite some time since certain areas of the house have had much attention - we've just been trying to get by. Yesterday, my wife and kids put in lots of work to get one of our three levels very nicely cleaned up. We also picked up the crib we ordered and put it together.

The end result is that we put the kids to bed around 9:00, finished cleaning around 10:00, and had our personal dinner and watched TV to relax until about 11:30. With the upcoming project, my level of fatigue, and the cold I have, I decided to not workout this morning too. I still ended up being grouchy, and I need to work on that - it's not anyone's fault but my own that I stayed up an extra hour last night that I didn't need to. Sorry honey.

No comments: