Tuesday, September 28, 2010

28 Sep 2010

1) I'm thankful for creative children.  My second son came up with a very clever choice while we were playing "I Spy" while driving home the other night.  He said, "I spy with my little eye / something that is flying."  Several guesses by the rest of us came up with nothing, so he gave us a clue that it was pretending to fly.  We still couldn't figure out what it was until I glanced over at him and saw him flapping his arms up and down.  Yes, he had chosen himself and given the clue that he was flying.  :D

2) I'm thankful for spiritual children.  A few days ago, my daughter was telling me that she had a dream in which Jesus saw her and came down and gave her a great big hug.  She then said, "I'm going to try to not make any more mistakes so that it can really happen!"

3) I'm thankful for loving children.  My youngest son was very excited that he was awake before I left for work today, so he played peek-a-boo with me by hiding behind the door, then opening and closing it so he could see me.  As I was getting ready to put my shoes on, he wanted to sit on my lap.  When I told him that I couldn't have him on my lap while I was putting my shoes on, he waited patiently for me to finish and then asked me to hold him.

4) I'm thankful for diligent children.  My oldest son has seemed to respond well to the challenge of having to pick himself up and keep trying after his recent struggles at his program.  He was asked to give the opening prayer at an activity that we were able to attend last night and gave a heartfelt prayer.  He earned his way back to full privileges after losing all privileges due to his struggles, and he seems to be willing to do whatever it takes to move forward.

No comments: