Tuesday, September 21, 2010

21 Sep 2010

1) I'm thankful that my kids were open to the idea of helping me with a semi-large project that we're hoping to get done before my wife gets home from her cruise in a few days.  They were good help to me in the first part of it that we tackled last night.

2) I'm thankful to work for a company and in an environment where I was able to work extra hours over the summer to save up time off, and that I'm now able to work fewer than eight hours a day while I'm trying to take care of everything with the kids for my wife.  I really enjoy working for my current company, Software Technology Group.

3) I'm thankful for the improving financial position my family is working toward, especially as this has been happening during a recession.  When I first met my wife and saw that she was an only child of parents who appeared to have little financial education, I assumed that there would never be an inheritance worth much of anything and thought I had planned accordingly.  I'm thankful that my wife's father showed his true dedication to his daughter by keeping a life insurance policy in force in spite of the many financial difficulties he faced before his passing, and I'm thankful for the humility that has come to me as I realize that my supposed financial education had me in the same position that I was looking down my nose at my in-laws about.  I hope I can stop being so judgmental about people.

No comments: