Thursday, September 9, 2010

09 Sep 2010

1) I'm thankful for the joys of parenthood.  There are certainly a lot of struggles involved with being a parent, but the joys are very sweet indeed.  My heart is warmed each day when my children come running up to me when I get home from work to get a hug.  My youngest son enjoying his birthday presents immensely, yet remembering to be very polite and thankful to those around him, was both cute and heartwarming.  My second son's humor and twinkle in his eye when he knows he's just said (or about to say) something funny is a pleasure to behold.  My daughter's enthusiasm for pretty much everything always makes me smile.  My oldest son's quick wit and yet deep thinking is a blessing to me as well as him.  The list goes on and on.

2) I'm thankful for having extended family nearby.  We still don't see them as often as we would like, but at least we see them.  It was a strange time when my parents were serving a nearly two year long mission in New York and we never got the chance to go visit them.

3) I'm thankful for the daily reminders I receive that demonstrate God's love and knowledge of me and my family.  Each time I think of the great good He has brought to us, I feel such gratitude and wonder, and it's nice to feel that every day.

No comments: