Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Can't Win for Losing

No workout today. I wanted to try to get some things done on the computer. The baby had gone to bed early last night and was up early, so my wife asked me if I wanted to make German pancakes for breakfast because they are easy while she took care of him. I decided I'd decide later.

I went down to work on the computer, but I found something else that needed to be worked on. When I got that fixed, it was time to make breakfast. I decided to make German pancakes because they are quick and easy.

20 minutes later, after kids whining and needing help, the pancakes go in the oven for 15 minutes. This will leave me 10 minutes to eat and be on my way. When the time is up, the pancakes are not done. Back in the oven they go for 10 more minutes. They are finished just in time for me to take some to work. My wife is feeling sad that they took so long, but it's not her fault things worked out that way. Her day is not starting much better than mine has.

I get out of the house around 8:05, and I have 10 minutes to get to where I need to be. Due to rain and traffic lights wanting me to sit around forever, it takes me 20 minutes to get there. On my way into my work building, through the rain, I realize I left my phone in the car and have to go back and get rained on some more.

Oh, did I mention that I need to get gas soon, and the price of gas went up 10 cents a gallon overnight?

It's just after 9:00 AM now. Who knows what the rest of the day will bring?

No comments: