Thursday, May 29, 2008

29 May 2008 Work (And Some From the Day Before)

No workout this morning. I got up intending to do one, but I've been noticing some funny sounds coming from the elliptical machine for a while. I've been intending to try to tighten the screws on the machine to see if that would help, but I hadn't gotten to it.

This morning I decided to try to fix the machine instead of work out on it. I did all the tightening and checking that I could think of, but it didn't change anything. Funny noises still exist, but at least I know that it's not due to something simple that I can fix.

My wonderful wife purchased an extended warranty for the machine when we bought it, and she has arranged for a part that commonly goes out to be shipped to us and a repairman to check the machine next week. She's obviously got the better idea here. :)

My father-in-law has been visiting us the past 2 days, and he, my wife, and my oldest son have tackled the jungle growing in our backyard. I got home to see a transformed near-paradise. I helped trim a bush a little bit until the door-to-door alarm salesman came to find out that we weren't switching unless he could provide a better deal. He couldn't. The backyard has been weighing on my mind, and I really appreciate all of the hard work that has gone into making it so nice yesterday, with some finishing touches taking place today.

No comments: