Thursday, August 26, 2010

26 Aug 2010

1) I'm thankful for the chance I get each week to visit with my oldest son in his residential program.  We enjoy getting to see him, and even though I think it seems to him that we spend a lot of time talking about things that went wrong and how they can go better, it is good to see the progress that he is making.

2) I'm thankful that my work client introduced me to two books by The Arbinger Institute, "Leadership and Self-Deception: Getting out of the Box" and "The Anatomy of Peace".  The concepts that are presented in those books are simple, but they are put together in a way that I have found to be very eye-opening and enlightening.  I have enjoyed reading them.

3) I'm thankful that God has blessed some good friends of ours.  They are having twins, and one of the twins had a very serious condition that the doctor expected would lead to her death in utero.  This family and many friends have been fasting and praying on their behalf, and God has granted that her condition should improve.  The doctor went from giving her a 1.5% chance of surviving until birth about 4 weeks ago to an 80% chance as of yesterday.  Also a blessing is that the other twin has not had any problems during this time.  It is truly a miracle!

No comments: