Monday, August 23, 2010

23 Aug 2010

1) I'm thankful for an enjoyable Saturday spent in Logan, UT at the Aggie Family Fun Day.  We got to play some games, win some prizes, buy new Aggie gear, and watch the football scrimmage.  I'm realizing more and more that good memories with family come from doing things together.

2) I'm thankful that something that began as just "hey, this will be fun" has turned into the beginnings of a family tradition.  We have taken to making brownies on many Sunday evenings as a fun treat to have, and the kids are starting to ask for them if we don't start on them.  I can see this becoming the type of thing that they look back on with fondness as they grow older.

3) I'm thankful for a wonderful wife.  Even though she's been feeling sick, and even though she hardly slept for more than an hour last night, she still is out and about taking care of the errands that have been weighing on her.  I admire the way she keeps her spirits up most of the time even in the face of near constant pain, discomfort, or illness.  I become the world's biggest wimp when I'm sick (I'm only the fifth biggest wimp when I'm not sick).

No comments: