Monday, December 8, 2008

8 Dec 2008 Workout

Time: 6:30 AM
Weight beforehand: 365.0 lbs
Length: 15 minutes
Program: TPRU Twist
Elliptical Reported Calories Burned: 304
Rating: I tried a twist to my workout that was suggested in an email from my sister. Instead of just plodding along for 15 minutes, I did a 2 minute warm up (plodding along), then 30 seconds of "sprinting" on the machine, followed by 90 seconds of catching my breath, except for the last time, which was only 30 seconds of catching my breath before 15 minutes was up. Essentially, at the start of every even numbered minute, I go fast for 30 seconds, and then plod.

I burned about 7% more calories this way than on Friday, and it was somewhat more interesting than just plodding. I know I was sweating more after this workout. We'll see if I keep doing it.

3 comments:

spice2116 said...

you better keep doing it lol you are so funny. doing your exercise in intervals of exertion are great on the body and a better weight loss especially if you are only doing it for a short time :) keep up the good work your numbers are going down soon you will be under the 300 WOOOOHOOOO

Joseph said...

You're kind to say the weight will drop off. I fear (and expect) that it will go much like it did before - I dropped 20-25 lbs in the first month, and then I hovered there for several month before putting it back on.

I have the appetite suppressant for 4 months this time, plus I've gone two days in the past week without it at all. I certainly noticed that I was hungrier, but I also seemed to be able to recognize that I needed to be careful how much I ate. That's what I hope will stick.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're back to work! You can do it!