Wednesday, March 31, 2010

31 Mar 2010

1) I'm thankful that the fires close to the main roads that lead to my home town were mostly under control by the time I needed to use the roads yesterday.  My delay in using those roads was far less than the over 2 hour detour would have been.

2) I'm thankful that my wife and I both can't imagine life without the other.  It's a great blessing to have someone that you love with your whole being who loves you the same way.

3) I'm happy that we decided to stop watching "Dancing with the Stars" due to the show becoming overly focused on the sensual.  We were uncomfortable watching it, and we certainly didn't want our kids to see it this way, so we have stopped recording it.  Home should be a refuge and a place of comfort and safety, not a place where we feel uncomfortable with what is being presented.  It has become that safe haven again.

No comments: