Monday, October 13, 2008

Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Online Business

My wife runs an online business, www.ctr-ring.com. She sells CTR rings (see the bottom of the page for an overview of what CTR means) and other Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints themed jewelry, craft items, clothing, literature, etc. She's been running it for about 18 months now, and it has been growing slowly but fairly steadily.

Recently she has been investigating using SEO to help her site show up on the first page of search results for people who are searching for her kind of business and merchandise. Many different companies are more than willing to take $500 or more off her hands in order to write articles, use keywords, and generally make her site more appealing to various search engines so that she'll be a top choice.

I'm writing this article about www.ctr-ring.com for free. *grin* I guess it's my way of playing around with the whole SEO concept, which to this point has only been theory to me.

She and I have talked about someday reaching a point where I could make enough money by investing/business ownership that I could work from home. Of course, I don't have any interesting business up and running right now, while she is pretty successful. Wouldn't it be a great thing if her business got to the point where it could cover our mortgage payment each month? All of our monthly bills? I'd be more than happy to work for her!

No comments: