Wednesday, October 15, 2008

15 October 2008 Workout

Time: 6:20 AM
Weight beforehand: 367.5 lbs
Length: 5 minutes
Program: TPRU
Elliptical Reported Calories Burned: 84
Rating: *sigh* I have a slight tickle in my throat, I don't see that these workouts are helping at all, and I'm tired.

I sure hope this ends up like the anecdote about the man that the Lord tells to push the boulder, and he spends his life pushing the boulder, always feeling like a failure because the boulder doesn't move. One day, the Lord returns and the man cries out that he has failed to move the boulder, and therefore failed the Lord. The Lord kindly points out that he told the man to push the boulder, not to move the boulder, and that by doing what he had been asked to do, the man has gained great strength in his arms and legs, and THAT was what the Lord wanted for him.

I don't see much benefit these days, but I hope there is some hidden there somewhere.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't think I'm being ugly, but you realize you're working out 5 minutes at a time, right? When you were having so much success, you were working out 20 minutes or longer. 90 calories is ONE Godiva chocolate! (Can you tell I'm upset about that?) I read that it takes 12 minutes, warmups not included, to burn fat.

BTW -- your blog has inspired me to keep track of my workouts online, too!

-jenny

Joseph said...

I have no problem at all with your comments. :) I do realize that 5 minutes is really next to nothing, but it's more than the 0 minutes I've been doing ever since, and the 0 minutes that I was often doing before. Perhaps "every little bit helps" is more justification than truth.

The cold, hard truth is that I need to spend a lot more time working out than I do, and I am unwilling to make the time for that kind of workout right now. Life is like that sometimes, unfortunately, and right now 5:30 in the morning is just too early for me.

Best of luck with your workouts!