Thursday, June 5, 2008

Sadness Part 3

The court hearing took place, and it was decided by the judge to throw out the protective order. My father-in-law is no longer restricted from his house by law.

This of course does not alleviate the emotions and problems that led to this step in the first place. My wife was asked to be a witness for her father during the hearing, and she told the truth that both parties were verbally and emotionally mean to each other, but that there was no physical danger evident in her opinion. It was very hard for her to do, and she fears that it may have caused her mother to essentially disown her. I guess we will see how it all turns out.

I am glad that the legal issue is taken care of and gone. I hope that we will be able to insulate ourselves as much as possible from the marital issues while they work through them. They will only be resolved if both sides are willing to put in the necessary effort, and we do not want to have my wife or our kids be pawns in any gamesmanship that might take place.

I wish my in laws all the best in working through this.

No comments: